Bachelor of Science in Public Health
If you’re excited about the ways that health education and health policy can improve lives, this track will set you on the path to success!
Do you want to help individuals in diverse populations and communities? The Public Health Practice Degree Track could be for you. Public health professionals design and implement programs to ensure all communities have access to crucial health services and safe living conditions. Students learn to work effectively as part of multidisciplinary teams to develop, manage and evaluate public health programs across a range of populations.
Public Health Practice students study health program evaluation, health policy, law and ethics to bring an collaborative, problem-solving approach to the health of diverse communities. Undergraduates complement their coursework with an internship that provides them with professional public health experience working with underserved populations. The Public Health Practice track is available to fully online public health students. The University of Arizona's Bachelor of Science with a major in Public Health is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
- Students will be able to communicate public health information in written form.; CEPH Competency 1: Public Health Communication: Students should be able to communicate public health information, in both oral and written forms and through a variety of media, to diverse audiences
- Students will be able to communicate using a variety of media including an ePortfolio.; CEPH Competency 1: Public Health Communication: Students should be able to communicate public health information, in both oral and written forms and through a variety of media, to diverse audiences
- Students will be able to synthesize epidemiological information.; CEPH Competency 2: Information Literacy: Students should be able to locate, use, evaluate, and synthesize information
- HPS 404 – Fundamentals of Evaluation
- PHPM – Strategic Planning
- PHP 421 – Introduction to Public Health Law and Ethics
- Program leadership
- Health education
LEVEL OF MATH
LEVEL OF SECOND LANGUAGE
2nd Semester Proficiency
ADDITIONAL ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
This major has additional admission criteria. Please see here for more information.
For more information about declaring this track for your degree, contact an undergraduate advisor.