The University of Arizona has a thriving international student body. Visit the Office of International Students and Programs for more information!
All international applicants must submit the required materials for the program to which they are applying. View How to Apply for more information on the application process. Please see the admissions criteria for the specific program to which you are applying.
We do not offer conditional admission at this time.
Students applying through SOPHAS who have significant coursework or who obtained a degree from a country other than the U.S. or Canada must have their transcripts evaluated by WES at www.wes.org/cas. Study abroad coursework does not need to be evaluated by WES.
Note: If you have already had your transcripts evaluated by an evaluation service, such as ECE, please e-submit your SOPHAS application first and then e-mail your transcript evaluation and copies of your transcripts to us at email@example.com (this must include a course-by-course evaluation and a GPA calculation on a 4.0 scale).
English Proficiency - TOEFL & IELTS Scores
International applicants are required to submit a TOEFL score of 90 on the iBT (web-based) test or higher. For students who take the IELTS examination, an overall score of 7 is required, with a score of no less than 6 on any individual band or module. TOEFL and IELTS test scores must be dated within two years of the year of enrollment. Students may be requested to enter the Center for English as a Second Language to improve their verbal skills.
- SOPHAS TOEFL Scores - Code 5688
Please make sure to review the list of countries and whether citizens of each country are required to submit TOEFL/IELTS scores: http://grad.arizona.edu/tools/intladmissionsreqs
Exempt from submitting TOEFL/IELTS scores are the following:
- Applicants who are US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
- Applicants who have completed two years of full-time, upper division, academic study in the U.S.
- Applicants who have received a bachelor's or graduate degree from institutions in the United States, English-speaking Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand.
- Applicants who are citizens of a country where the primary language is English.
- Refer to the Graduate College list of countries, including whether we require official TOEFL/IELTS scores for applicants from each country and minimum degree requirements from each country.
Please contact the Graduate College if you have any questions regarding the English proficiency requirement.
In addition to the admission requirements stated above, if an international applicant is recommended to the Graduate College for admission, he or she must submit a Financial Guarantee to the UA Graduate College.